Purpose Statement: “Bethel Men’s Ministry is committed to building godly men to serve Christ in their home, church, career and community.”
We are not looking to busy the lives of the men at Bethel…. but we want to provide opportunities for men to connect with other men in healthy environments. Why? Proverbs 27:17 communicates it best:
“You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another.”
The antithesis would probably be something like, “Having only casual acquaintances one could easily become unmindful and dull” --unmindful of his Christian walk and dull in his ability to impact the world around him. This is why we provide multiple venues for men to cultivate friendships and grow in their faith!
Some of what we have going on for men:
1. Annual men’s retreat: Held one weekend in October. See pictures below
2. Men’s Breakfasts: Held at various locations around the city
3. Service Projects: Usually on Saturdays at various locations
4. Conferences: Promise Keepers and other similar events
5. Higher Ground Ministries: A backpacking ministry (2 trips a year; spring and fall).
Men’s Council: A group of men who meet monthly to pray together for the men of Bethel and plan activities and events in the church to fulfill the purpose of the ministry.
Members: Jim Love, Bill Roose, Don Alt, Rich Papeleo, David Vickers, and Pastor David Domina
Views of the Men's Retreat at Camp LeTourneau
on Canandaigua Lake